Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Long Leg (Hopper) Study: Stage 2

Stage 2: Added clouds in the sky using 4-5 different tones.
A little yellow, titanium white, Cadmium Blue and a couple others...
I used a small brush with paint on the side, so I could dry brush the effects, but I ended up dotting the color with one brush and using a dry brush to smooth it out.
In the end, my instructor said that I should add some dark blue tones to create depth, and once he showed me than it took on a new lifeform. I completely understand now that sky has more than just shades of blue. Adding yellows, greys, and purples give it a realistic look.
My fingers also helped to smooth it. :)

I also took a look at the dark water, and I scraped the paint off twice before figuring out the direction I needed to go in order to simulate water ripples and waves.

And that's it for two hours worth of painting.






No comments: